The Vegan Club

A private club for vegans to meet and relax in a (finally) cruelty free safe zone. Recipes, life stories, ideas... enter in the Club to find out!

Friday, July 14, 2006

Reasons Why This Is Not Cool

We are all aware to live in a world of meat eaters, bound to see meat on others' plates, being advertized on tv, smelled on the streets.

Yet, I think most of us are umprepared for this: plush meat toys by Sweet-Meats. To add to the fact that this idea is pretty bad, they add also the following statements: "every order comes wrapped air-tight on its own tray and date-stamped to ensure super fresh flavor.
Most of our meats can be ordered in individual and family sizes
". I wonder if these toys rots with time and smell terribly as well...
And for your information, the combo you see pictured does not come cheap, 70 USD, and they are selling a rib and a sausage chain plush toy as well...

Oh my, oh my...


Reasons Why If You Want This You Are Super Lame

-you love eating meat so much you want to cuddle it while you are sleeping: you are a total freak and your breath must smell really bad! Do not come near me!

-you are a vegetarian who still misses meat: you must be a newbee veg to miss that nasty stuff! Do not buy this toy: it will go away with time OR you are faking you veg*nism and you will go back to real stuff soon.

-you want this so that you can actually have the feeling to have skin contact if not with someone alive, at least with something that once was alive, under your sheets: if your last resort to get some meat to cuddle you is to buy this toy, you are the crowned king of lame men.. no wonder you are still single! Going veg would definitely bumb up your chances by the way: don't you know that veg men are highly sought after items since most veg are girls?

-you want to get this to your son to remind him of your job, since you are a butcher: change job, this is all I have to say. And yes, your son has many chances to develop vegetarian friendly feeling growing up and therefore will grow to hate this toy.

- you find this is pretty: wanna see the real stuff and how they are produced? I promise you will not even want to come close to meat again...

No sorry, I cannot find any justification. Meat is already bad on its own. And does not improve as a stuffed toy. The only way meat is pretty and enjoable is when it is alive. And if you ever got to a farm to spend some time with a cow, a sheep and a a pig, you would agree with me.

12 Comments:

Blogger t. said...

I guess you are right! However, if I think of the real reality of meat, that steak would be dripping stale blod and that ham would be greasing up your chouch as it sits there... I don't know. I find it weird to produce meat stuffies!

10:24 am  
Blogger erica said...

Haha! Even made of fleece it is still unappealing. I can see someone buying these for his toddler, so the kid can emulate Dad and play barbeque.

By the way, is anyone else really, REALLY bothered by the slough of advertising these days delivering the "real men eat only meat" message? I've seen several commercials recently, one of them for a fast food chain has men singing about eating burgers until their belly buttons pop out. Another depicts a man in line at the grocery store buying tofu and vegis, and a man with huge packages of ribs unloads his cart behind him. The man with the tofu then goes and buys a Hummer, to "restore his masculinity". It's insane.

I just had to share that with somebody.

5:28 pm  
Blogger urban vegan said...

Uncool. I met some folks last weekend who said they tormented their vegetarian freind by buying her meat stickers and meat magnets. I mean, get a life!

4:14 am  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

Oh man I'll pass on getting these thanks

Teddy

6:35 pm  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

i laughed so hard at this post, t.!!! i don't know if you meant it to be but... it's just beyond bizarre to see these!! Too crazy!!!

8:19 am  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

to glorify meat & death is simply sick, & demented. eating meat is much more than just a personal choice - animal agriculture is the #1 polluter, and animal agriculture wastes much of our natural resources. food choices are directly related to global warming.

6:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your post had me laughing so hard I almost had an accident. Wonderful work.
http://www.cafepress.com/antivegetarian

9:51 pm  
Blogger t. said...

Glad a couple of you found this funny! I just had to post this as a reaction to my face going totally blank and my mind getting very puzzled when I saw these 'toys'...!!!
I am still pretty ???unsure??? what exactly these are for and why anybody but a handful of "people with problems" would buy these!

3:34 pm  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

OMG people are sooo whacked!

????

7:45 pm  
Blogger Dori said...

Not my first choice of toys to buy for my furry ones. I live in an area where there are still small family farms and the animals are out on the country side. Can't say I'd run up and hug one (I still get a bit spooked by horses at carnivals), but I don't want to eat them either.

7:41 pm  
Blogger Ruth Donnelly said...

Yes, those are both bizarre and icky. My kids loved playing with toy food when they were toddlers. They were actually kind of obsessed with it. But it was plastic carrots and apples and tomatoes and stuff, not t-bones!

12:41 am  
Blogger Virginie said...

Hopefully the Veggie Tales ones are much nicer !!!

12:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

29

 

 

 

 
Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. Anatole France