The Vegan Club

A private club for vegans to meet and relax in a (finally) cruelty free safe zone. Recipes, life stories, ideas... enter in the Club to find out!

Friday, June 23, 2006

"Cooking with Quinoa Contest"

Ladies and Gents, come and see the quinoa fair! Our first contest has started!

We asked you to come up with quinoa recipes and these are the wonderful recipes you invented! Compliments to everyone: your creativity seems without borders! From breakfast creation to desserts, quinoa has stretched over any meal! Thanks a million to everyone for joining in!

This is the list of wonderful dishes you have invented, published in the order I recieved them.

1- Dori at The Bakehouse - California Quinoa Sushi rolls
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

2- Dori generously entered also this recipe - Quinoa Burgers
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

3- Bea at Vegan Fields - Quinoa "blanc-manger" with lytchees & rose jelly (here in English)
*
*
*
*
*
*

4- Erin at Zenpawn - Qalming Quinoa
*
*
*
*
*
*
*


5- Melody at Melo Meals - Quinoa Sushi Salad
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

6- Primary Consumer at A Day In The Life of a Vegan- Creamed Mushroom and Spinach with Quinoa
*
*
*
*
*
*

7- Virginie at Absolute Green - Clafouti au Quinoa (here the recipe and here the post in English)
*
*
*
*
*
*


8-Teddy at Fun With Your Food - Extra Simple Quinoa Recipe
*
*
*
*
*
*
*


9- Vicki at Vegetarian Family -Toasted Quinoa Salad
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

Please cast a vote!

We want to know what recipe you think is the best! Votes will be open for one week(closing date: June 30th night): to cast a vote, leave a comment mentioning either the recipe name or the entry number. You can also tell us what you liked the msot out of this recipe! The meter of judgement is up to you: criteria may vary! We just want to know what you think is the best! You do not need to be a regular here to express your preference!

22 Comments:

Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

whata fun contest! my vote goes with the california quinoa sushi rolls, though i'd like to try everything. it's probably too late for me to enter? coincidently, i made up a quinoa salad today...

10:44 pm  
Blogger t. said...

Vicki, if you want it is not too late! Email me the link to your recipe and I will out you right up!

11:10 pm  
Blogger Susan Voisin said...

They all look excellent! Kudos to everyone who entered.

11:14 pm  
Blogger Jackie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

After seeing your great blog and all the contestants blogs I see I shall have to do a lot of visiting :-)

I love all the recipes as they all look wonderful and as I am fairly new to quinoa I have now got tons of ideas to try out. If I have to choose one it will be the California quinoa sushi rolls.

12:06 am  
Blogger t. said...

Jackie, thanks for YOUR visit and your vote! Please do come back and consider joining us on the rolls if you like!

12:31 am  
Blogger urban vegan said...

They all look scrumptuous.

For me it's a tie (is this allowed?). Both Dori's sushi rolls and Virginie's Clafouti demionstrated an innovative use of quinoa--plus their recipes are clear and farily easy to follow.

Good luck everyone!

3:30 am  
Blogger Dori said...

I'm a winner even if I don't win, look at all these great quinoa recipes I get to have! I hafta admit that this has been the funnest thing I have done since I entered a bread into a county fair competition a few years ago.

Of course I vote for me, but I am making that sweet dessert Virgine has entered very soon... it's a winner too, especially love the countryside pictures posted in this blog entry !

9:10 am  
Blogger Kuntal Joisher said...

man!!!! I am thoroughly confused!!! can I vote for all of them.. I mean I've never had sushi in my life.. but those rolls look delish.. I have had keenwa burgers and they are punk rock.. lytchee is one of my fav. fruits.. and that jelly looks awesome.. the keenwa "cookie" :-) by zenpawn looks good.. the sushi salad is like yummmmmm... the creamed keenwa sounds very interesting.. the clafouti au keenwa too just looks FAB!! and the teddy recipe is something I often use and know is really good.. I am sooo confused.. my vote to everyone if that can be done!! if only 1 vote.. then its split between lytchee jelly and the extra simple quinoa recipe!!

10:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bea! le blanc-manger de quinoa aux litchees, je suis pour!

7:03 pm  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

I think they all look great! I've only tasted my Sushi Salad and it was sure good, but the rest of it looks awesome too. I'm especially intrigued by the Quinoa "blanc-manger" with lytchees & rose jelly.. so very creative..

8:25 pm  
Blogger Virginie said...

This is so difficult. There are recipes for every meal. I learn many things during this conselt, in terms of making as of combinations with the quinoa. After a very long hesitation, I vote for Primary Consumer, as I'm fond of spinach and this kind of "decadent" sauce. My compliments to everybody. I've got many recipes to test.

1:29 am  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Great idea, t.!! They all looks so amazing, i could not pick one of out the bunch. Nice preparation and look - artistic, each one! Wow. I'm blown away, really.

4:47 am  
Blogger Isil Simsek said...

Nice event,everything looks amazing.
I have never tasted quinoa, it's not smth available in Turkey.
My vote goes to Dori's burgers since I love vegan burgers.

3:42 pm  
Blogger zenpawn said...

Just a nit. "Qualming Quinoa" should be spelled without the 'u' in the first word, lest we think of qualms rather than calming. ;)

2:45 pm  
Blogger primaryconsumer said...

They all look amazing! It was really hard to pick just one, but I am quite intrigued by the Quinoa "blanc-manger" with lytchees & rose jelly by Bea, so that gets my vote.

3:18 pm  
Blogger t. said...

Erin, jeesh! sorry! I think I have just typed "Q+U+I" so many times in that post that it is already something I did not wrote "Quialming Quinoa" instead!
Mistake rectified!

4:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for the "Qalming Quinoa", it really look amazing & yummy !!!
:D

7:31 pm  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Wow, those are all such beautiful and original looking dishes! I’ll have to go take a look at more. I also tend to forget about dry goods in my cupboard like quinoa, barley and millet. They’re so good and good for you, I should really make more whole-grain dishes.

9:04 pm  
Blogger Ruth Donnelly said...

They all look fantastic! I printed out primary consumer's creamy spinach/mushroom quinoa. I can't wait to try it.

2:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for the homemade pickled ginger and the quinoa sushi.

1:34 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... this is a tough decision! I do love sushi, but the presentation for "Qualming Quinoa" is so creative and pretty, I think I'll go with that one ;) Good job everyone!
<3 Ashley

P.S. I agree with Zenpawn- but it is a cute title- quinoa is such a cool word :D

9:26 pm  
Blogger Chef Erik said...

I love the nori rolls! I thought about doing that a long time ago but forgot about it. They look delish, I bet the flavor of pickled ginger goes well with quinoa. Please tell me when you do this contest again, I would love to submit a quinoa recipe.

8:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

29

 

 

 

 
Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. Anatole France